10 Social Tools to Connect with Teens at Your Library
Event Type: Online/web-based
Contact: Eve Gaus
Thu, 06/14/2012 - 11:00am - 12:00pm
About the Event
The world of social learning and digital outreach is quickly changing. In this webinar, Joe Murphy will discuss top social technologies that libraries can use to foster discovery and sharing in library programs as well as use to market library events. Technologies covered will include: Pinterest, iMessage, Dropbox, Flipboard, Storify, interactive ebook app(s), Casual Games: Draw Something / Words With Friends / Angry Birds, eBook apps (iBooks, Kindle), and Instagram
This webinar addresses YALSA Competencies
- Area II: Knowledge of Client Group
- Area III: Communication, Marketing and Outreach
Participants in this webinar will:
- Gain an awareness of the top social technologies, a general understanding of their uses by young adults,
- Understand the role of these top social tools in the larger contexts of technology use and internet trends amongst young adults as well as in relation to discovery, sharing, marketing, and communication.
- Learn about how to implement successful projects using the top social and emerging technologies.
Who Should Attend
Young adult librarians, school librarians, teachers, administrators, and any literacy-focused professional who works directly with teens and tweens.
Certificates of participation are available for webinar attendees who attend the entire 1 hour webinar.
Presented by: Joe Murphy
Joe Murphy is a Librarian and Technology Trend Spotter helping libraries and more prepare for upcoming technology shifts. Joe is an author and editor, an international keynote speaker, and a conference organizer.
Cost: $29 for students, $39 for individual YALSA members, $49 for all other individuals, •$195 for group registrations. YALSA’s group rate provides an institution with 10 individual logins