Speakers Topics: readers' advisory, readers' services
Readers' Advisory Librarian - Seattle Public Library
Seattle Public Library
1000 4th Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
Will travel: Yes
Charges fee: sometimes
Speaker's email: email@example.com
Speaker's Bio/Recent Trainings
- Professor, University of Washington iSchool, LIS 524: Adult Readers' Services in the Public Library, Winter 2010.
- Guest Lecturer in Nancy Pearl’s live & online reader’s advisory courses at UW iSchool, 2001 – 2008, and participant on various iSchool panels and other iSchool courses.
- Reader’s Advisory Trainer, Timberland Regional Library System, King County Library System, Seattle Public Library System, Jefferson County Library System, Sno-Isle Library System, and Everett Public Library System, 1999 – present.
- Intellectual Freedom Trainer, Seattle Public Library, 2009
- Speaker/Presenter, American Library Association Annual Conferences (2), Public Library Association Conferences (2), Ontario Library Association Conference, Washington Library Association Conferences (2), Oregon Library Association Conferences (2), Colorado Library Association Reader’s Advisory Day, By the Book Reader’s Advisory Conference (Albany, NY), R.A. in a Day Conference (Toronto, ON), Book Expo America, Bouchercon.
- Keep Your Cool: The ABC’s of GEN XYZ. (A look at twenty-something reading interests, cult and urban fiction, and keeping current with the hottest authors and trends.)
- Off the Chain: Reader’s Advisory for Exploding Genres. (Talk and author panel with Kelly Link, Zane, and Carrie Kania.
- Real Men Read. (A lighthearted look at guys and reading.)
- He Reads / She Reads. (Co-presented with Kaite Mediatore, a look at guys & gals reading.)
- Thrilling Tales at Your Library. (How to do an adult storytime at your library, and why).
- Book Group Therapy: How to Repair, Revamp and Revitalize Your Group. (My section was entitled “Why Men Don’t Join Book Groups.”)
- Marketing Your Collection. (Pre-conference, fill-in for Nancy Pearl)
- How to Get More from Your Reading. (A reader-friendly look at literary analysis and discussion.)
- Top 5 of the Top 5. (Forthcoming, I’m looking at trends and hot reads in Humor.)
|David Wright CV.docx||21.86 KB|