WordPress Basics: What WordPress Can Do for Your Library
Event Type: Online/web-based
Contact: Polly-Alida Farrington and Amanda Goodman
Thu, 06/14/2012 - 11:30am - 1:00pm
About the Event
Over the past few years, the popularity of WordPress among librarians has exploded. Hundreds of libraries have used WordPress as a platform for building websites that range from simple to complex. WordPress has given these librarians the ability to create attractive websites with advanced functionality without extensive programming. Many of these libraries avoided the need to hire expensive web developers and consultants, saving them money and giving them more direct control over their sites. In this workshop, ideal for librarians curious about WordPress or those just getting started, web developers and WordPress experts Polly-Alida Farrington and Amanda Goodman will provide an overview of WordPress and explain how it can be used to quickly and easily build an excellent library website.
- What is a content management system (CMS)?
- Why WordPress is a good tool for building library websites
- Skills and personnel needed to build a WordPress site
- Getting started with your site
- How to learn more about WordPress, either on your own or through hands-on training
Registration and information link: www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx